mercredi 9 décembre 2009

Rita Bernstein



"I began to photograph in earnest in 1990, a point in my life when I had recently left my career as a civil rights lawyer and had two young children to whom I was tethered. Initially I intended to make the kinds of pictures any doting mother would, but, in fact, the transition from office to home was difficult for me, and that truth quickly showed up in my photographs. I explored the sorrows as well as the sweetness of family life and, more generally, the ambivalence that shadows intimate relationships. In watching my own children, I was reminded of the conflicts and restlessness that had pervaded my own girlhood. My eye was more that of the child than of the parent, and the domestic landscape pictures strike me now as deeply autobiographical." D'autres photos sur Photo Eye Gallery

Aucun commentaire: